Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Sim, we believe passionately that a diverse and inclusive company makes for a more innovative, engaged, and happy team. While we still have work to do, we are continuing to reshape Sim’s culture to allow us to create from a wider palette of experience and insight, which will enable us to thrive beyond current boundaries.
Our initial goals and strategy:
- An annual budget of $90,000 towards our Production Assistant & Internship training programs.
- All job postings include the DEI message.
- Launching a training program for hiring managers to learn our DEI philosophy as well as understanding unconscious bias, new sourcing practices, etc.
- We have removed unnecessary barriers to entry such as college degrees when possible.
- DEI questions are now incorporated into exit interviews to learn from and improve upon other’s experience.
- Continually developing our education program, a weekly series that explores race, LGBTQ+, gender and wellness.
- Quarterly guest speaker series deliver engaging sessions on important topics such as unconscious bias, microaggressions, pronouns, mental health, and wellness.
EMPLOYEE RESOURCE GROUPS (ERGs)
- With the purpose of connecting people from different backgrounds, our ERGs provide programming and resources to amplify diverse voices, share stories, learn from one another and take action towards a more balance future.
- A platform that provides a safe space for employees to discuss current events, and issues, providing a path to addressing them such as pay equity and the use of pronouns in e-signatures.
- Through strategic partnerships, we give back to our communities by participating in and supporting local non-profit organizations (PNYA, Made in New York, WIFT). To learn more about our community involvement, click here.
- Each year, our staff are given a paid off for volunteerism at an organization of their choosing.
- We are working on creating a mentorship program pairing our internal teams with underrepresented talent.