We’re in business for the long term, and we invest in the communities in which we live and work. For us, sustainability is about doing business better today so that we can continue doing what we love tomorrow. We want to be a company that delivers on our financial commitments, and one that creates value for shareholders. We also want to be a company that contributes to the world, that has a positive impact on the environment, our communities, and our people.
As part of our commitment to supporting our local communities and bettering our planet, we’re proud supporters, and participants in many organizations throughout North America:
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank
One in seven people in Los Angeles County experiences food insecurity. The Los Angeles Regional Food Bank has a mission to mobilize resources to fight hunger in our community. Sim is a proud supporter of this program.
- LA Downtown Women’s Center
The Downtown Women’s Center (DWC) is the only organization in Los Angeles focused exclusively on serving and empowering women experiencing homelessness and formerly homeless women. Sim is proud to support their efforts.
- LA LGBT Center
At Sim, we are proud of our inclusive and welcoming culture, and proudly support the LA LBGT Center and the fight against bigotry and the struggle to build a better world, a world in which LGBT people can be healthy, and equal members of society.
- LA Waterkeeper
Sim is proud to support the Los Angeles Waterkeeper and its efforts to safeguard LA County’s inland and coastal waters by enforcing laws and empowering communities.
- Nature Conservancy Of California
Sim is a proud supporter of the Nature Conservancy, a global environmental nonprofit working to create a world where people and nature can thrive.
- Project Angel Food
Sim is proud to support Project Angel Food, an organization that prepares and delivers over one million medically tailored meals each year, free of charge to homes of men, women, and children affected by life-threatening illnesses.
- Greater Vancouver Food Bank
Sim proudly supports the Greater Vancouver Food Bank providing people with access to healthy and sustainable food in a dignified manner.
- SAINTS – Senior Animals In Need Today Society
Sim has committed to a five-year partnership with SAINTS Rescue: Senior Animals in Need Today Society, a grassroots organization based in British Columbia, specializing as an end-of-life sanctuary for senior and special needs pets and farm animals that have nowhere else to go.The mission of the Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre is to provide a safe, non-judgmental environment for women from all walks of life, who live and/or work in the Downtown Eastside. Sim is proud to support the Center’s efforts in providing supportive surroundings with meals, counseling, advocacy and programs which nurture and empower members.
- Queer Youth Resource Center
At Sim, we are proud of our inclusive and welcoming culture, and proudly support the QYRC and their mission to promote safer spaces, recreation & enrichment opportunities, & important resources for LGBTQ+ youth ages 12-24 in Vancouver.
- Pacific Parklands Foundation
Sim is a proud partner of the Pacific Parklands Foundation, dedicated to the conservation and enhancement of Metro Vancouver’s regional parks.
- Arts Umbrella
Sim is proud to announce a three-year partnership with Arts Umbrella, a non-profit centre for arts education where young artists can cultivate their creativity in Dance, Theatre, and Visual Arts.
- Daily Bread Food Bank, Toronto
The Daily Bread Food Bank believes that access to food is a basic human right, not a privilege. No one should go hungry. We at Sim do too and are pleased to support their efforts.
- Women’s College Hospital Foundation
Sim is proud to support WCH, a national leader in health equity and health system solutions, closing critical health gaps for women and for all by focusing on equity for exemplary patient care, research, education and innovation.
- Food Bank NYC
Food Bank NYC has a mission to end hunger by organizing food, information and support for community survival, empowerment, and dignity. As the city’s largest hunger-relief organization, they employ a multifaceted approach centered on helping low-income New Yorkers overcome their circumstances and achieve greater independence. Sim is proud to support their efforts.
- New York Women’s Foundation
Sim is proud to support The New York Women’s Foundation. Focused on creating an equitable and just future for women and families, the foundation unites a cross-cultural alliance that ignites action and invests in bold, community-led solutions across the city.
- Atlanta Community Food Bank
Sim is pleased to support the efforts of the Atlanta Community Food Bank, who works with over 600 nonprofit partners including food pantries, community kitchens, childcare centers, night shelters and senior centers to distribute over 60 million meals across metro Atlanta.
- PAWS Atlanta
PAWS Atlanta believes that people and pets bring out the best in each other and are on a mission to build a community of caring, by helping pets and pets helping people. Sim is proud to support their efforts. Click here to donate.
- Atlanta Women’s Foundation
Sim is proud to support the only public foundation in Georgia dedicated solely to women and girls, striving to ensure that all women and girls in metro Atlanta live safe, economically self-sufficient, successful lives.
- National Center for Civil and Human Rights
Sim is proud to support the efforts of the National Center and Human Rights and The LGBT Institute. The center provides a steady spotlight that helps create a public imperative for policies that treat LGBT people equally and fairly in the U.S. and around the world.
- International Women’s Day
- Celebrated on March 8th is a global celebration of the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. In honor of this important day, Sim annually contributes to organizations dedicated to supporting women in each of the cities in which we operate.
- Earth Day
- Earth Day takes place every April and Sim takes part in the awareness building effort. Growing out of the first Earth Day in 1970, Earth Day Network is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement, working with more than 75,000 partners in over 190 countries to drive positive action for our planet.
- Tree Canada
- Sim is proud to support Tree Canada, the only national non-profit organization dedicated to planting and nurturing trees in rural and urban environments.
- One Tree Planted
- Sim is proud to support tree planting initiatives such as restoring forests after fires and floods, building communities, and protecting habitat for biodiversity.
Sim proudly sponsors the organizations that support our industry. It is through these organizations that our industry communities come together, share ideas, and acknowledge outstanding work.
Sim proudly supports the following organizations from coast to coast:
- American Cinema Editors
- Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television
- Actors Fund of Canada
- American Society of Cinematographers
- Canadian Cinema Editors
- Canadian Film Centre
- Canadian Media Producers Association
- Canadian Society of Cinematographers
- Directors Guild of Canada
- International Cinematographers Guild
- Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers
- Women in Film Vancouver
- BCIT Film & TV Program Advisory Council
- Motion Picture Production Industry Association of BC
- Commercial Production Association of Western Canada
- Creative BC
- Creative BC Reel Green Committee Member
- Greater Vancouver Board of Trade
- Vancouver Post Alliance
- Women in Film Vancouver Film Festival
- Vancouver International Film Festival
- Post New York Alliance Board Member
- New York Women in Film & Television
- The Gotham Independent Film Awards