About the position
This is a full-time, permanent position from Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm with opportunity for overtime during busy periods. This is generally a warehouse shipping/receiving position which does not involve working on-set and is strictly within the warehouse.
The Swing Department acquires and applies basic knowledge of each major department (Lighting, Cable, Grip) and is the largest department of 15 crew members. Once trained in basic procedures, you will bounce around to various tasks depending on workload needs. You should expect to work both inside and outside of the warehouse in all seasons and in varying weather conditions. This position would be a good fit if you enjoy working with a wide variety of people, have good attention to detail and a desire to learn about multiple departments. You will report to the Assistant Floor Manager and be managed by the Department Head based on assignment.
What you’ll do
- Accurately pull and ship outgoing orders following Department Shipping Processes
- Receive rental orders following Department Receiving Processes
- Effectively carry out work assignments designated by Asst. Floor Manager and Department Heads
- Build respectful team relationships with co-workers in all Departments
- Perform general warehouse work and maintain all areas to ensure clean and safe conditions
- Conduct all duties expeditiously in a safe and careful manner to minimize damage
- Test and process equipment to ensure quality control to meet Sim standards
- Identify issues and make recommendations (includes damaged equipment on shelf, poor communication, paperwork, customer relations, etc.)
- Assist with various projects around the warehouse
- Maintain positive and courteous customer relationships
- Direct occasional customer enquiries/complaints to the RC, Customer Service Representative or Inside Sales Representative as appropriate
What you’ll need
- Grade 12
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in film and/or television production related field an asset
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Keen interest in shipping and receiving and film production gear
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Film production experience an asset
Our work environment
- On feet for extended periods of time
- Frequent heavy lifting (up to 100 lb)
- Frequent bending and kneeling
- Warehouse conditions; may be required to work outside for extended periods
- Repetitive movement with hands while using equipment
- Some exposure to chemicals (WHMIS training provided)
- A friendly, positive work environment with a strong team dynamic
- The opportunity to mentor new hires
- Open-door communication
- A work environment where you can really make an impact!
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
How to apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to HR@siminternational.com by noon on Tuesday, August 14th.