Division: Lighting + Grip
Location: Vancouver – 8301 Eastlake Drive
Reports to: Department Head, Lighting
About the position
This is a full-time, permanent position from Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm with opportunity for overtime during busy periods. This is a warehouse position that does not involve working on-set and is strictly within the warehouse.
The Lighting Department is responsible for performing quality control procedures at a high standard, choreographing and initializing the movement and storage of equipment, accurately performing counts in and out of the warehouse, and working with crew members. This is the second largest department of 13 crew members and has the largest number of SKUs.
This is an ideal position if you enjoy multi-tasking, have strong problem solving skills, are proactive to be able to identify tasks that need to be completed, have a keen eye to find ways to improve efficiencies and a positive attitude to help build team morale and ease stress during busy periods.
What you’ll do
- Perform accurate counts on incoming and outgoing gear following Lighting Shipping and Receiving Processes
- Identify and store items into proper areas following shelving practices
- Effectively maintain work assignments designated by Department Head
- Perform quality control checks by testing gear to ensure the item works as intended and meets Sim standards
- Refer defective bar codes (retired, out on another order, unreadable, i-code mix-up) to the Department Head, 2nd Department Head or Floor Manager for resolution
- Refer RentalWorks data entry errors or COD orders to the Rental Coordinator (RC)
- Direct customer enquiries/complaints to the RC, Customer Service Representative or Inside Sales Representative as appropriate
- Conduct all duties in an efficient, safe and careful manner to minimize damage
- Ensure quality control of all equipment meets standards
- Identify issues and make recommendations (includes damaged equipment on shelf, poor communication, paperwork, customer relations, etc.)
- Maintain positive and courteous customer relationships
- Build respectful team relationships with co-workers
What you’ll need
- Grade 12
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in film and/or television production related field an asset
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Keen interest in shipping and receiving and film production gear
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Film production experience an asset
Our work environment
- On feet for extended periods of time
- Frequent heavy lifting (up to 100 lb)
- Frequent bending and kneeling
- Warehouse conditions; may be required to work outside for extended periods
- Repetitive movement with hands while using equipment
- Some exposure to chemicals (WHMIS training provided)
- A friendly, positive work environment with a strong team dynamic
- The opportunity to mentor new hires
- Open-door communication
- A work environment where you can really make an impact!
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
Apply by noon on Wednesday, September 23rd by submitting your resume and cover letter to HR@siminternational.com