About the position
This is a full-time, permanent position from Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm with opportunity for overtime during busy periods. This is generally a warehouse shipping/receiving position which does not involve working on-set and is strictly within the warehouse.
The Grip Department is built on a sturdy foundation of a positive attitude, clear communication and interest in helping out anyone who is in need of extra muscle. This department consists of 10 crew members and is a good fit If you don’t mind getting your hands dirty from hauling sandbags to cleaning rain-soaked fabrics. True grit is a prerequisite for success in the Grip crew. If you have a keen attention to detail, work well under pressure and get down to the nitty gritty, the Grip department is for you.
What you’ll do
- Accurately pull and ship orders following Grip Shipping Processes
- Receive rental orders and purchases following Grip Receiving Processes
- Perform accurate counts on incoming and outgoing gear
- Identify and store items into proper areas following shelving practices
- Refer defective bar codes (retired, out on another order, unreadable, i-code mix-up) to the Department Head, 2nd Department Head or Floor Manager for resolution
- Refer RentalWorks data entry errors or COD orders to the Rental Coordinator (RC)
- Direct customer enquiries/complaints to the RC, Customer Service Representative or Inside Sales Representative as appropriate
- Conduct all duties expeditiously in a safe and careful manner to minimize damage
- Ensure quality control of all equipment meets standards
- Identify issues and make recommendations (includes damaged equipment on shelf, poor communication, paperwork, customer relations, etc.)
- Maintain positive and courteous customer relationships
- Build respectful team relationships with co-workers
What you’ll need
- Grade 12
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in film and/or television production related field an asset
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Keen interest in shipping and receiving and film production gear
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Film production experience an asset
Our work environment
- On feet for extended periods of time
- Frequent heavy lifting (up to 100 lb), sometimes awkwardly sized equipment
- Frequent bending and kneeling
- Warehouse conditions; may be required to work outside for extended periods
- Repetitive movement with hands while using equipment
- Some exposure to chemicals (WHMIS training provided)
- A friendly, positive work environment with a strong team dynamic
- The opportunity to mentor new hires
- Open-door communication
- A work environment where you can really make an impact!
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
How to apply for the job
Please submit a resume and cover letter to HR@siminternational.com by noon on Monday, August 26th.