About the positions
This is a full-time, permanent position from Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm with opportunity for overtime during busy periods. This is generally a warehouse shipping/receiving position which does not involve working on-set and is strictly within the warehouse.
The Cable Department takes care of everything cable-related and consists of 12 crew members. Orders are created and staged, shipped out, returned and counted, and finally the gear is processed and put back into inventory. Cable is the most physically demanding of all the departments, with some cables weighing up to 85lbs each. In this crew, you will constantly be lifting and counting gear throughout the day in a well-rounded team environment. If you like to be on the move, enjoy physical exercise while working with others and don’t mind working in and outdoors, this department would be a good fit.
The Swing Department acquires and applies basic knowledge of each major department (Lighting, Cable, Grip) and is the largest department of 15 crew members. Once trained in basic procedures, you will bounce around to various tasks depending on workload needs. You should expect to work both inside and outside of the warehouse in all seasons and in varying weather conditions. This position would be a good fit if you enjoy working with a wide variety of people, have good attention to detail and a desire to learn about multiple departments. You will report to the Assistant Floor Manager and be managed by the Department Head based on assignment.
What you’ll do
- Accurately pull and ship orders following Cable Shipping Processes
- Receive rental orders and purchases following Cable Receiving Processes
- Perform accurate counts on incoming and outgoing gear
- Identify and store items into proper areas following shelving practices
- Refer defective bar codes (retired, out on another order, unreadable, i-code mix-up) to the Department Head, 2nd Department Head or Floor Manager for resolution
- Refer RentalWorks data entry errors or COD orders to the Rental Coordinator (RC)
- Direct customer enquiries/complaints to the RC, Customer Service Representative or Inside Sales Representative as appropriate
- Operate Forklift (training provided but certification is an asset)
- Conduct all duties expeditiously in a safe and careful manner to minimize damage
- Ensure quality control of all equipment meets standards
- Identify issues and make recommendations (includes damaged equipment on shelf, poor communication, paperwork, customer relations, etc.)
- Maintain positive and courteous customer relationships
- Build respectful team relationships with co-workers
What you’ll need
- Grade 12
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in film and/or television production related field an asset
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Keen interest in shipping and receiving and film production gear
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Film production experience an asset
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
How to apply
Please submit your resume to HR@siminternational.com