The Supervising Post Engineering Technician position is responsible for building, maintaining and ensuring client support of editing and workflow systems as well as the supervision of local Post Engineering Technicians to ensure adherence to quality standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage local Post Engineering Technicians (includes performance management, performance reviews, discipline, etc.) ensuring all processes are properly followed
- Build and install, all software and hardware for editing systems, data carts, dailies systems and any other workflow related computer system.
- Assist with installation, maintenance and troubleshooting related to finishing at the direction of Engineering.
- Maintain, clean, test, troubleshoot and complete minor repairs for all editing systems, data cart, dailies systems and any other workflow related computer system.
- Perform installations and tear outs of in-house and on location editing systems, data carts, dailies systems and any other workflow related computer system.
- Hardware and Software installations and support include, but are not limited to, Mac, Windows, Linux, Avid, Final Cut Pro, OSD/xpress Dailies, Davinci Resolve, Flame, Baselight, Adobe, etc.
- Assist in maintaining and supporting shared network storage systems including, but not limited to, Avid ISIS, Nexis, and SAN volumes.
- Assist in formatting and testing cards and drives as needed.
- Perform and maintain monitor calibrations.
- Ensure excellent quality and customer service by identifying the needs and wants of clients and responding to their concerns and problems in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensure equipment is properly assigned, booked, prepped and dispatched in R2/RentalWorks.
- Ensure transfers are coordinated and assigned properly.
- Report all damages or malfunctioning equipment to the Engineering Group and ensure it is properly assigned to service.
- Be available as a consultant during camera preps and show startups that involve digital media workflows and work continually towards self-development to stay current on new technology, trends, procedures & practices.
- Assist in prepping and maintaining of other production equipment when required.
- Ensure that editing suites and equipment room are kept clean and organized.
- Provide assistance and information to each client, potential client, and staff member.
- Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
- Be available after hours by email or phone, as needed.
- Assist with IT tasks as needed. This may include, but is not limited to, telephone assignment & troubleshooting, internet troubleshooting, printer setup & troubleshooting, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience working in AVID
- Active ACSR status a plus
- 5 years’ experience working in the Film and television industry, ideally Post Production, preferred
- Strong working knowledge of PC/MAC/Linux based computers and software
- Previous experience leading a team is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service approach
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule
- Strong Organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for: Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience working with Cloud providers (AWS, etc) a plus
- Accountability – Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relied upon to achieve results with little need for oversight.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving: Identifies an issue, gathers and processes relevant information coming up with possible solutions, selecting appropriate responses and implementing them.
- Self Management: Works independently with minimal supervision and is disciplined in setting priorities.
- Communication – Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company. Listens carefully and takes care not to make assumptions.
- Customer Service Oriented – Thinks and acts in a way that considers the needs of clients and others and ensures a high level of quality and satisfaction for all
- Leadership – Motivates and inspires others and self to take action to achieve Company goals
- Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing products or processes to help Sim achieve its Mission and Vision. Challenges the status quo.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort required as everyone on the Sim team is asked from time to time to pitch in and help share the load.
- Some exposure to physical risk
The company reserves the right to make changes to all job descriptions with the evolving needs of the company.
How to apply for the job:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to HR@siminternational.com