About the Position:
The Senior Conform Artist is responsible for ensuring that the final product is complete and ready for delivery. This includes conforming, online editing, creating opticals, titling, and other detail-oriented tasks.
What You’ll Do:
- Expert understanding and utilization of EDLs, XMLs, AAFs, and the conform process
- Cleanup various distractions by applying paint, blur, and general color corrections to client files
- Provide superior customer service to clients, including: Manage and respond to client emails and requests in a timely manner; Review all projects with each client prior to final delivery to ensure client standards have been met
- Assist in creation of deliverables for each show
- Manage each assigned project to the extent possible, including managing time and budgets when needed
- Provide titling services
- Assist in the development of enhanced workflow processes
- Perform Quality Control on conformed sequences
- Learn and adhere to facility standard practices
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need:
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant post production experience require
- 4-year College Degree in a related field or equivalent years of experience preferred
- Experience with feature film and television workflows
- Working knowledge of frame rates, codecs, and aspect ratios
- Advanced Knowledge of DaVinci Resolve and Avid Media Composer
- Experience with Filmlight Baselight and/or Autodesk Flame preferred, Adobe Creative Cloud knowledge a plus
- Accountability – Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relied upon to achieve results with little need for oversight.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts easily to changing business needs, conditions, and daily work responsibilities
- Attention to Detail – Ensures accuracy and completeness when preparing documents, recording information and entering data
- Communication – Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company. Listens carefully and takes care not to make assumptions.
- Customer Service Oriented – Thinks and acts in a way that considers the needs of clients and others and ensures a high level of quality and satisfaction for all
- Decision Making/Problem Solving – Identifies an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, comes up with possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements them.
- Development/Continual Learning – Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Equipment Operation – Utilizes knowledge of equipment, gear, tools or vehicles to transport goods and create/maintain or repair equipment that fully satisfies the demands of the assignment
- Integrity – Demonstrates responsible behavior at all times and maintains high ethical standards. Keeps confidences
- Initiative: Finds and implements new ideas and technical innovations that will help the company improve.
- Leadership – Motivates and inspires others and self to take action to achieve Company goals
- Self-Management – Works independently with minimal supervision and exhibits discipline in setting priorities
- Stress Tolerance – Functions effectively in highly stressful, ambiguous or adverse situations and helps calm others.
- Teamwork – Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
Our Work Environment:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort may be required (i.e. some lifting of supplies and material)
- Long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation:
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume to HR@siminternational.com