As the first point of contact for all clients and visitors, both on site and off site, the receptionist is a pivotal role in the company’s day-to-day operations. Their main role is to assist visitors and clients by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately both by telephone and in person. They will be tasked with notifying company personnel of visitor arrival, ensuring all security protocol is enforced, accepting mail and packages, answering company inquiries and providing information to the general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties regarding activities conducted at the establishment. They must have a strong knowledge of the location, departments, office layout, and employees within the organization. They will follow a set weekly schedule during day.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome clients and guests, both in person and by phone, in a friendly, professional and positive manner.
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of the lobby area and front desk.
- Ensure all security protocol is enforced.
- Assist visitors in signing in to the Envoy system.
- Operate the telephone system to answer, screen, and forward calls. They will be providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments for company employees.
- Sign for packages or deliveries as necessary and ensure delivered items are directed to the appropriate individual in a timely manner.
- When greeting visitors, determine nature and purpose of visit and contact Client Services for escort to specific destinations.
- Assist employees and in-house clients with food orders and coordinate delivery and pick-ups from specified vendors.
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Analyze company data to determine answers to questions from customers or members of the public.
- Assist Client Services and Billing in tracking/filing purchase receipts and employee/client meals.
- Other duties as requested.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 1-2 years of experience in a front desk or client facing position preferred.
- Communicates in a through, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective team player.
- Eagerness to learn and improve on current company procedures.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a multiple tasks and projects while remaining cool, calm and collected.
- Proficient in Windows and in the use of computer programs: Microsoft Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel) and Adobe.
- Proficiency in the use of standard office equipment
- Adaptability/Flexibility – adapts easily to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities
- Attention to Detail – ensures that standards for self, staff, equipment and services are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.
- Discretion and Confidentiality – ensures that all employee details and information is kept confidential unless otherwise specified by management
- Customer Service Focus – Identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with the Company
- Development & Continual Learning – demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Initiative – Does the right thing without being asked.
- Collegiality – Being helpful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Coachability – Open to feedback, willing to learn and embracing continuous improvement
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical office environment
- Minimal physical effort required (i.e. lifting of individual employee files)
- Long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.
The company reserves the right to make changes to all job descriptions with the evolving needs of the company.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume to HR@siminternational.com