The main responsibilities of the Receptionist are to answer and redirect all incoming phone calls in a timely manner, greet visitors to the office and direct them to the appropriate area, and to provide the office with administrative support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming calls, screening and routing as required, taking and delivering messages as necessary
- Greet visitors to the office
- Monitor the arrival and presence of visitors to the facility and premises, granting access and directing guests as appropriate
- Arrange and book travel as required for staff, seeking appropriate approvals
- Assist in completion of staff expense reports
- Assist GM in planning and executing staff social events
- Sourcing and engaging vendors as directed (e.g. quotes for food trucks)
- Maintain a shared calendar of all meetings, meeting rooms, events, travel, vacations, etc.
- Responsible for the sorting and processing of outgoing and incoming mail and faxes, arranging, receiving and shipping of packages and small courier shipments
- Maintain postage meter and replenish funds when required
- Provide administrative support to divisional operations when requested
- Oversee stocking and ordering of office and kitchen supplies, obtaining all necessary approvals
- Maintain cleanliness of office and kitchen environments, water plants as necessary
- Filing, copying, compilation of lists and/or spreadsheets as required
- Carry out all other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Working knowledge of office equipment including Computers and Photocopiers;
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Will build a good knowledge of local vendors (e.g. food trucks, restaurants, travel amenities, etc.)
- Internal contact with all employees;
- Frequent external contact with customers, vendors, suppliers, etc.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is carried out in a typical office environment with infrequent exposure to a warehouse;
- Requires sitting at workstation for time periods exceeding two hours and focusing on a computer screen.
How to apply for the job
Please submit a resume and cover letter here.