The Prep Technician is responsible for building and ensuring equipment packages are complete for upcoming rentals; maintaining select camera equipment; and providing safe, quick, reliable and courteous delivery service to and from customers and/or suppliers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles, sets up and tests rental orders as per client contracts. Ensures all customer concerns are brought to the attention of the warehouse supervisor.
- Assesses each package to make sure they are correct and working, and informs supervisor of any items that may be missing or should be included
- Ensures that all missing and/or damaged items are reported to supervisor and/or engineering staff
- Greets clients/vendors in a professional and friendly manner and always offers help when loading in and out gear
- Works with engineering staff to develop ideas that modify and/or redesign systems to improve the companies products and/or services
- Assists in keeping the warehouse, tech storage, prep bays and kitchen area clean and organized
- Accountable for the completion, accuracy and submission of all relevant paperwork for operations and accounting departments.
- Ensures that all paperwork is properly filled out, that clients sign and receive the correct paperwork and that all paperwork is filed in its proper place
- Operates assigned company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner
- Adheres to the laws of the State/Provincial Highways Commissions
- Reads and interprets maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service
- Attends training and continuously develops relevant knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of the companies mission, vision, and values
- Travels and works overtime when required
- Carries a Company cell phone and participates as scheduled on the on-call rotation
- Attends staff meetings as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective relationships with customers and co-workers
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean record
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs
- Comfortable driving panel vans and cube trucks safely and appropriately
- Proficiency in the use of windows and computer programs (Word, Outlook, Excel) and office equipment:
- R2 software experience an asset
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in film and/or television production related field
- 1+ years experience in the film, television and/or professional photographic industry;
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts easily to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities
- Quality/Attention to Detail Focus – Ensures that standards for self, equipment and services are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service
- Customer Service Focus – Identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with the Company
- Development & Continual Learning – Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Teamwork – Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Physical effort required – frequent loading, securing and unloading of heavy equipment
- Driving in heavy traffic
- Exposure to warehouse and on-set location environments
- Some exposure to physical risk
All job descriptions are subject to change based on the evolving needs of the company.
How to apply for the job
Please submit a resume and cover letter here.