The Post Production Engineer is a core technical resource for all matters involving the Finishing pipeline.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and install, all software and hardware for editing systems and other workflow related computer system.
- Maintain, test, troubleshoot and complete minor repairs for all editing systems and other workflow related computer systems.
- Hardware and Software installations and support include, but are not limited to, Mac, Windows, Linux, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools, Colorfront Transkoder, etc.
- Assist in maintaining and supporting shared network storage systems including, but limited to: Avid Unity, Avid ISIS and Quantum StorNext.
- Perform and maintain monitor and speaker calibrations
- Ensure excellent quality and customer service by identifying the needs and wants of clients and responding to their concerns and problems in an effective and timely manner.
- Assist in prepping and maintaining of other production equipment when required.
- Demonstrate an understanding of/and appreciation for Sim’s Purpose.
- Provide assistance and information to each client, potential client, and staff member.
- Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
- Be available after hours by email or phone, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3+ years’ experience in Post Production Engineering, preferably in the Film/Television industry
- Experience working in areas of Digital Intermediates, Color Correction, VFX, Audio Mix, and/or Broadcast Video
- Experience working with Linux and Mac platforms
- Experience with DaVinci Resolve, Autodesk Smoke/Flame, Avid, and/or ProTools
- Experience with SAN & NAS platforms, such as Quantum Stornext and Avid Nexis, a plus
- Experience with calibrating, configuring, and operating critical viewing monitors, video routers, video decks, and other professional video hardware systems, a plus
- Familiarity with the areas of color science and video standards, a plus
- Knowledge of IT related areas, like network switching and routing, firewalls, DNS, IP management, etc, a plus
- Familiarity with shell scripting, computer/storage virtualization, and general DevOps, a big plus
- Decision Making/Problem Solving: Identifies an issue, gathers and processes relevant information coming up with possible solutions, selecting appropriate responses and implementing them.
- Customer Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with Sim.
- Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company.
- Teamwork: Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness.
- Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing products or processes to help Sim achieve its Mission and Vision. Challenges the status quo.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort required as everyone on the Sim team is asked from time to time to pitch in and help share the load.
- Some exposure to physical risk
How to apply:
Please submit your resume to HR@siminternational.com