About the Position:
The Post Production Engineer position is responsible for building, maintaining and ensuring client support of editing, color, and workflow systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and install, all software and hardware for editing systems and any other workflow related computer system.
- Maintain, clean, test, troubleshoot and complete minor repairs for all editing systems and other workflow related computer system.
- Complete hardware and software installations and provide support. Includes, but not limited to, Mac, Windows, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Express Dailies, Davinci Resolve, Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.
- Assist in maintaining and supporting shared network storage systems including, but limited to, Avid Unity, Avid ISIS and Quantum StorNext.
- Calibrate, configure, and operate critical viewing monitors, video routers, video decks, and other professional video hardware systems
- Ensure excellent quality and customer service by identifying the needs and wants of clients and responding to their concerns and problems in an effective and timely manner.
- Be available as a consultant during projects that involve digital media workflows and work continually towards self-development to stay current on new technology, trends, procedures & practices.
- Assist in prepping and maintaining of other production equipment when required.
- Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
- Be available after hours by email or phone, as needed.
What You’ll Need:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with calibrating, configuring, and operating professional video hardware systems
- Strong working knowledge of PC/MAC/Linux based computers and software.
- Good knowledge of IT related areas, like network switching and routing, firewalls, IP management, DNS, DHCP, SMB, NFS, etc.
- 5 years experience working in the Film and television industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service approach
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for: Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving: Identifies an issue, gathers and processes relevant information coming up with possible solutions, selecting appropriate responses and implementing them.
- Customer Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with Sim.
- Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company.
- Teamwork: Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness.
- Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing products or processes to help Sim achieve its Mission and Vision. Challenges the status quo.
Our Work Enviorment:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort required as everyone on the Sim team is asked from time to time to pitch in and help share the load
- Some exposure to physical risk
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation:
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
How to apply for the job:
Please submit a resume to HR@siminternational.com