The Post Engineering Technician is responsible for building, maintaining and ensuring client support of editing and workflow systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong skills installing and troubleshooting Avid Editing systems.
- Build and install, all software and hardware for editing systems, dailies systems and any other workflow related computer system.
- Maintain, clean, test, troubleshoot and complete minor repairs for all editing systems, dailies systems and any other workflow related computer system.
- Perform installations and tear outs of in-house and on location editing systems, dailies systems and any other workflow related computer system.
- Hardware and Software installations and support include, but are not limited to, Mac, Windows, Avid, Express Dailies, Davinci Resolve, Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.
- Assist in maintaining and supporting shared network storage systems including, but limited to, Avid NEXIS and Facilis Terrablock.
- Assist in formatting and testing cards and drives as needed.
- Perform and maintain monitor calibrations.
- Ensure excellent quality and customer service by identifying the needs and wants of clients and responding to their concerns and problems in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensure equipment is properly assigned, booked, prepped and dispatched in RentalWorks.
- Ensure transfers are coordinated and assigned properly in RentalWorks.
- Report all damages or malfunctioning equipment to Director of Post Engineering, General Manager and Senior Post Engineer, and ensure it is properly assigned to service in RentalWorks.
- Be available as a consultant during show preparations that involve digital media workflows and work continually towards self-development to stay current on new technology, trends, procedures & practices.
- Assist in prepping and maintaining of other production equipment when required.
- Ensure that editing suites and equipment room are kept clean and organized.
- Demonstrate an understanding of/and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values.
- Provide assistance and information to each client, potential client, and staff member.
- Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
- Be available after hours by email or phone, as needed.
- Assist with IT tasks as needed. This may include, but is not limited to, telephone assignment & troubleshooting, internet troubleshooting, printer setup & troubleshooting, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of PC/MAC based computers and software
- Active ACSR status a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service approach
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule
- Strong Organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- 5yrs Experience working in the Film and television industry a plus
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for: Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving:Identifies an issue, gathers and processes relevant information coming up with possible solutions, selecting appropriate responses and implementing them.
- Self Management: Works independently with minimal supervision and is disciplined in setting priorities.
- Customer Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with Sim.
- Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company.
- Teamwork: Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness.
- Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing products or processes to help Sim achieve its Mission and Vision. Challenges the status quo.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort required as everyone on the Sim team is asked from time to time to pitch in and help share the load.
- Some exposure to physical risk
How to apply
Please submit your resume to HR@siminternational.com