Use technical abilities to clean, test, maintain and repair rental equipment with a specific focus on lenses and optical equipment to conform to company quality control procedures and standards
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Clean, quality control, evaluate and repair equipment with a focus on lenses and optical products.
• Clean, evaluate, repair and test specific models of equipment and systems including setup and alignment.
• Test, evaluate, document and make technical recommendations regarding new products and systems.
• Perform on-set technical support and system setups.
• Assist in the design, building, testing, documentation and implementation of rental equipment related modifications.
• Assist in the training of camera technicians from other Sim offices and make recommendations for further technical training and certification.
• Provide assistance and technical information to clients, potential clients and staff members when required.
• Report all damages or malfunctioning equipment to Rental coordinators and Director of Engineering and complete the required paperwork including LMD, fault reports, purchase orders.
• Effectively use RentalWorks to track repairs, rental requirement and service schedules.
• Purchase tech room supplies and parts when required.
• Assist in keeping your personal workstation and tech room clean and organized.
• Perform other duties that may be assigned.
• Provide assistance and technical information to clients and staff members when required.
• Demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation of the mission, vision, and values.
• Work continually towards self-development to stay current on new technology, trends, procedures and practices.
• Submit detailed weekly activity reports.
• Ensure excellent customer service by identifying the needs and wants of clients and responding to their concerns and problems in an effective, timely manner.
• Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
• Carry a company issued cell phone and participate in the Company’s on call rotation.
• Travel and work overtime when required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• College Diploma from a recognized Audio/Video/Film Production or Electronics Course preferred.
• A minimum of five years’ work and practical experience in the Audio/Video/Film Production Industry.
• Proficiency working with Microsoft Office and ability to learn and use RentalWorks.
• Ability to use specialized tools to effectively diagnose and service equipment .
• Ability to establish effective relationships with customers and co-workers. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Decision Making / Problem Solving – Identifies an issue and processes relevant information coming up with possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements them.
• Customer Service Focus –Identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with the company
• Teamwork – Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
• Communication – Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company.
• Innovation – Develops new ways and adapts existing products or processes to help the company achieve its Mission and Vision.
• Quality/Attention to Detail Focus – Ensures that standards for self, equipment and services are met to provide excellent service delivery
• Accountability – Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relies upon to achieve results with little need for oversight
• Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts easily to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities
• Attention to Detail – Ensures that standards for self, staff, equipment and services are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery
• Development & Continual Learning – Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
• Stress Tolerance – Functions in highly stressful, ambiguous or adverse situations
Working Conditions & Physical Effort
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
• Some physical effort required as everyone on the team is asked from time to time to pitch in and help share the load.
• Some exposure to physical risk.
All job descriptions are subject to change based on the evolving needs of the company.
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
How to apply for the job: Please submit a resume to HR@siminternational.com by noon on Wednesday, January 6, 2021.