The Media Manager will work directly with the media management team, and finishing producers to ensure that data IO workflows are implemented and adhered to. This person will perform pre-conforms, archiving, media management, pulls and archiving.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Media Manager’s number one priority is to handle all of the picture finishing department’s data I/O and media management.
- Download all materials when received digitally from clients.
- Perform first glance checks of client’s hard drives, digital files to check for errors or incorrect files.
- Responsible for occasional LTO archiving and restoring of DI assets for all film and television productions while adhering to MPAA regulations
- Responsible for all data on SAN environment including but not limited to files copies setting file permissions and the creation/ deletion / and management of projects
- Organize and facilitate digital asset delivery and archiving
- Maintain organization and folder structure for projects in accordance with the Sim Post file management policies and procedures
- Assist in conform of feature films (both narrative and documentary), episodic television, and short films using DaVinci Resolve, Avid Symphony, Adobe Premiere, Filmlight Baselight & Autodesk Flame.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned by the company
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 2-3 years experience in the Post Production sector
- A demonstrated history of being detail oriented, organized, and respectful of a quiet work environment.
- Previous experience working hands on with computers and/or in IT, plus comfortable learning new software.
- Experience using Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere CC, Final Cut Pro, and/ or DaVinci Resolve and Smoke/Flame.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technically or creatively related field.
- Competency in diagnosing issues with software.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ambitious with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and able to work within tight deadlines.
- Decision Making / Problem Solving– Identifies an issue and processes relevant information coming up with possible solutions
- Teamwork– Participates actively with the team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
- Communication– Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company
- Quality/Attention to Detail Focus– Ensures that standards for self, equipment and services are met to provide excellent service delivery
- Accountability – Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
- Stress Tolerance– Functions in highly stressful, ambiguous or adverse situations
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort required, lifting portable hard drives, boxes with tape media.
- Some exposure to physical risk
How to apply for the job:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to HR@siminternational.com