About the Position:
The Media Manager will work directly with the media management team and finishing producers to ensure that data IO workflows are implemented and adhered to. This person will perform pre-conforms, archiving, media management, pulls and archiving.
What You’ll Do:
- The Media Manager’s number one priority is to handle all of the picture finishing department’s data I/O and media management.
- Download all materials when received digitally from clients.
- Perform first glance checks of client’s hard drives, digital files to check for errors or incorrect files.
- Responsible for occasional LTO archiving and restoring of DI assets for all film and television productions while adhering to MPAA regulations
- Responsible for all data on SAN environment including but not limited to files copies setting file permissions and the creation/ deletion / and management of projects
- Organize and facilitate digital asset delivery and archiving
- Maintain organization and folder structure for projects in accordance with the Sim Post file management policies and procedures
- Assist in conform of feature films (both narrative and documentary), episodic television, and short films using Davinci Resolve, Avid Symphony, Adobe Premiere, Filmlight Baselight & Autodesk Flame.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned by the company
What You’ll Need:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 2-3 years experience in the Post Production sector
- A demonstrated history of being detail oriented, organized, and respectful of a quiet work environment.
- Previous experience working hands on with computers and/or in IT, plus comfortable learning new software.
- Experience using Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere CC, Final Cut Pro, and/ or DaVinci Resolve and Smoke/Flame.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technically or creatively related field.
- Competency in diagnosing issues with software.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ambitious with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and able to work within tight deadlines.
- Decision Making / Problem Solving – Identifies an issue and processes relevant information coming up with possible solutions
- Teamwork – Participates actively with the team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
- Communication – Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company
- Quality/Attention to Detail Focus – Ensures that standards for self, equipment and services are met to provide excellent service delivery
- Accountability – Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
- Stress Tolerance – Functions in highly stressful, ambiguous or adverse situations
Our Work Environment:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort required, lifting portable hard drives, boxes with tape media.
- Some exposure to physical risk
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
How to apply for the job
Please submit a resume to HR@siminternational.com