Uses technical knowledgeto ensure that all LTO tapes are completed in a timely manner and that all LTO’s are QC’ed in accordance with LTO quality control procedures. May also be involved in cloud-based archiving solutions, using quality control procedures to ensure accurate data backups are made. Communicate with direct supervisor on a daily basis to ensure that all relevant tapes and hard drives received or created are logged, tracked, and shipped to clients or client storage facilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in ongoing training of LTO procedures with Digital Archiving Technician in all offices worldwide.
- Communicate with workflow supervisors and dailies technicians and manage any drivescontaining Master media and/or dailies to be Archived.
- Responsible for verifying all media before writing the LTO.
- Create LTO’s for any and all long format shows or features that require archiving.
- Maintain system for producing and delivering LTO and all necessary elements, and ensure clients are receiving these items in a timely manner.
- Oversee the master database of all dailies LTO created during the course of production.
- Ensure that all LTO’s are properly stored in a LTO safe.
- Maintain LTO safe inventory database and documentation
- Be the primary point of contact for clients that are using our a la carte LTO’ing services.
- Manage LTO tape library system via hardware and software
- Continuously research new ways to improve the company’s system of LTO creation and tracking.
Cloud Based Archiving
- Initiate upload of requested media, following all studio specifications regarding naming, folder structure, required checksums, etc.
- Communicate with client regarding the tier of archival required.
- Perform MHL checksums on all assets to be uploaded.
- Confirm receipt of media assets to client/studio upon delivery.
- Oversee SAN/terrablock management in order to facilitate efficient completion of jobs in queue.
- Maintain consistent bandwidth speeds for all uploads/downloads
- Create manifests of LTO contents and LTO labels for each tape
- Shipping of LTO’s to clients.
- Use the company’s strict Archive tracking paperwork to ensure accurate delivery and tracking is maintained and accounted for.
- Track and report the status of all LTO supplies and stock at the lab
- Answering calls from clients and providing customer support.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the mission, vision, and values of the company.
Clients and Technical Service:
- Ensure 24/7 technical support
- Ensure excellent customer service by identifying the needs and wants of clients and responding to their concerns and problems in an effective, timely manner
- Provide assistance and technical information to clients, potential clients and staff members when required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- College Diploma from a recognized Audio/Video/Film Production Course or relevant work experience
- Proficiency working with AVID and/or Premiere
- Work and practical experience in Audio/Video/Film Production Industry
- Ability to use, learn and implement new software and hardware.
- Decision Making / Problem Solving– Identifies an issue and processes relevant information coming up with possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements them
- Customer Service Focus– Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with the company
- Teamwork– Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
- Communication– Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company
- Innovation – Develops new ways and adapts existing products or processes to help the company achieve its Mission and Vision
- Quality/Attention to Detail Focus– Ensures that standards for self, equipment and services are met to provide excellent service delivery
- Accountability – Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relies upon to achieve results with little need for oversight
- Stress Tolerance– Functions in highly stressful, ambiguous or adverse situations
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort required as everyone on the team is asked from time to time to pitch in and help share the load.
- Some exposure to physical risk
How to apply
Please submit your resume to HR@siminternational.com