Are you looking for work/life balance? Do you want to be part of behind-the-scenes in film and TV production? If you’d like to join an exciting team at a leading company keep reading…
Sim is a leading supplier of film/TV studio production equipment, as well as workflow/dailies and post-production services. We’re proud to have supported features such as “Deadpool,” “Handmaid’s Tale,” “Game of Thrones,” “Stranger Things,” “Power Rangers” and “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.”
We provide Studio, Camera, Lighting & Grip, Dailies and Post Production services and have locations throughout Canada and the United States.
For more information, visit siminternational.com or visit us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn @simcomplete.
About the Position
The Jr. Corporate Accountant will review data imported into the ERP to ensure accuracy. They will also be responsible for entering the AP invoices for the Corporate Division.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Migrate data from FOH to Oracle.
- Ensure data is validated and accurate before importing into Oracle
- Review imported data to ensure coding has been properly captured in Oracle
- Enter AP invoices related to the Corporate Division
What You’ll Need
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Technically strong accountant with operational experience.
- Experience related to managing a fixed asset and inventory intensive operation.
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Oracle, and familiarity with report and analytics automation tools.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills to enable a close working relationship with operations necessary to develop systems and reports that assist management in making sound business decisions.
- Ability to work on a variety of projects and see each through to completion, while respecting deadlines.
- Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relied upon to achieve results with little need for oversight.
- Ability to identify issues, gather and process relevant information, come up with possible solution(s), select appropriate responses and can implement them.
- Able to maintain a calm approach to high stress and/or adverse situations
- Detail oriented with a proven ability to complete assignments regardless of how small the task.
- Attention to Detail – Ensures accuracy and completeness when preparing documents, recording information and entering data.
- Communication – Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company. Listens carefully and takes care not to make assumptions.
- Customer Service Oriented – Thinks and acts in a way that considers the needs of clients and others and ensures a high level of quality and satisfaction for all
- Integrity – Demonstrates responsible behavior at all times and maintains high ethical standards. Keeps confidences
- Results Oriented – Manages and leads to set, achieve and exceed identified goals
- Teamwork – Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
Our Work Environment
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort required as everyone on the Sim team is asked from time to time to pitch in and help share the load.
Perks You’ll Receive
We can offer you:
- Competitive wages in line with market standards
- Retirement savings program with company matching
- Comprehensive company-sponsored health benefits
- Perks including discounted health and wellness programs
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) for counseling, financial planning, work-related concerns
- Exposure to best-in-class motion picture technologies
- Free parking with electric charging station(s) at most locations
- Company events including: food truck lunches, summer BBQ’s, technology workshops, and industry events;
- The opportunity to mentor new hires and interns
- A work environment where you can really make an impact
- Growth opportunities and a career, not just a job
How to apply
Please submit your resume to HR@siminternational.com