The HR Business Partner proactively supports their client group and the organization through a variety of HR functions including, but not limited to: employee relations, recruitment and onboarding, manager coaching, leave management, benefits and compensation and policy and procedure maintenance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Receive, pre-screen and distribute employee resumes to the hiring managers
- Coordinate and schedule candidate interviews
- Develop relevant interview questions and, when needed, assist hiring managers in the conducting of interviews.
- Prepare offers of employment, ensuring fair hiring and employment practices.
- Maintain all onboarding materials and ensure proper delivery and completion of all required documentation.
- Ensure the completion of new employee orientations, including any relevant system or procedures training.
- Ensure effective communication with all new hires and their managers to ensure smooth integration and appropriate fit within the organization.
- Onboard new hire into HRIS and provide new hire with login information and user manual
Employee Relations & Engagement
- Serve as the subject matter expert on all company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Provide support, guidance, and coaching to employees on a variety of employment and workplace issues and concerns.
- Provide support, guidance, and coaching to managers regarding effective employee, performance, and departmental management practices and processes.
- Refer complex Employee Relations matters to Director – HR and ensure proper handling with regards to company policy and state and federal law.
- Participate in Employee Relations related initiatives on an annual basis, including engagement surveys and annual performance reviews.
Benefits & Compensation
- Assist new employees in benefit enrollment and provide basic support for any benefit related questions
- Support compensation and benefit related initiatives, including annual salary reviews and bonuses.
- Administer company paid leave programs (short- and long-term disability, parental leave, jury duty leave, etc.), maintaining regular communication with management and employees to ensure successful coverage and smooth returns.
- Ensure all company policies, procedures, and documentation remain legally compliant.
- Track, document, book, and communicate required training for employees in order to ensure compliance
- Administer Workers Compensation programs within client groups, including policy administration, reporting requirements, and leave management.
Performance Management and Terminations of Employment
- Coach and support management with respect to disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans, and general employee performance guidelines.
- Prepare all necessary documentation for employee separations, including termination letters and legally required notifications.
- Coordinate with Payroll to ensure final pay is processed in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with IT to ensure all company property is returned and internal access is removed in a timely manner.
- As needed, work with benefit providers to ensure the timely termination of relevant employee benefits.
- Conduct termination meetings and provide guidance on post-employment matters
- Conduct exit interviews /surveys as required
- Complete or Confirm employment verifications (start date, salary, job title, etc.) to third party and/or internal requests as required
- Ensure employee files remain up to date with all legally and company required documentation.
- Assist in the updating and maintenance of the company’s job description database.
- Prepare and provide reporting on various HR related topics upon request.
- Attend team meetings, planning sessions, and training events as required.
- Contribute to new HR initiatives and Projects, as assigned.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 3+ years of progressive Human Resources experience
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management, or another related discipline
- Strong understanding of employment legislation is required
- Professional HR certification preferred
- Strong English verbal and written skills are required
- Strong organizational skills are required
- Proficiency in office skills such as, typing, filing organization, and research are required
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel), human resources information systems (e.g. Dayforce HCM) and internet-based programs.
- Integrity – demonstrates responsible behavior at all times and maintains high ethical standards. Keeps confidences
- Communication – communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company. Listens carefully and takes care not to make assumptions
- Relationship Building and Collaboration – builds positive relationships both internally and externally to achieve work related goals. Helps colleagues achieve their individual and organizational goals
- Self-Management – works independently with minimal supervision and exhibits discipline in setting priorities
- Attention to Detail – ensures accuracy and completeness when preparing documents, recording information and entering data. Establishes procedures
- Teamwork – participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Travel to other offices and locations is required
- Some physical effort required as everyone on the team is asked from time to time to pitch in and help share the load
- Some exposure to hazardous materials in the workplace
The company reserves the right to make changes to all job descriptions with the evolving needs of the company.
How to apply for the job
Please submit a resume and cover letter here.