The HR Business Partner is expected to be a true partner with the business’ leaders. They will proactively support their client group and the organization within a variety of HR functions including, but not limited to: employee relations, recruitment and onboarding, manager coaching, leave management, benefits and compensation, policy and procedure development and maintenance, and project management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Work with divisional leadership to develop effective recruitment strategies, including, but not limited to, creating effective job postings, determining proper sourcing methods, and creating functional screening questions.
- Receive, pre-screen and distribute employee resumes to the hiring managers
- Develop relevant interview questions and, when needed, assist hiring managers in the conducting of interviews.
- In conjunction with hiring managers, prepare offers of employment, ensuring fair hiring and employment practices.
- Maintain all onboarding materials and ensure proper delivery and completion of all required documentation. Conduct new employee orientation, including any relevant system or procedures training, in a timely manner.
- Ensure effective communication with all new hires and their managers to ensure smooth integration and appropriate fit within the organization.
- Leadership and continued development of all US Internship Programs, including fostering and nurturing relationships with local Universities.
Employee Relations & Engagement
- Serve as the subject matter expert on all company policies, procedures, and programs, as well as all relevant state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provide support, guidance, and coaching to employees on a variety of employment and workplace issues and concerns.
- Provide support, guidance, and coaching to managers at all levels regarding effective employee, performance, and departmental management practices and processes.
- Consult with the VP of HR on complex Employee Relations matters to ensure proper handling with regards to company policy and state and federal law
- Develop and maintain communication, interaction, and trust with all employees to ensure potential issues can be addressed in a proactive manner.
- Work with business leaders to effectively roll out HR related survey results, business strategies, and action plans aimed at increasing communication, engagement, and collaboration between leadership and staff.
- Oversee Employee Relations related initiatives on an annual basis, including engagement surveys and annual performance reviews.
Benefits & Compensation
- Oversee and manage US benefit policies and plans, working in conjunction with the brokers, agents, and the VP of HR to remain competitive in the market.
- Assist employees with benefits questions, enrollments, and special circumstances as needed.
- Consult with benefits providers, agents, and brokers to resolve issues or questions.
- Maintain all benefit related policies, updating and distributing as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all compensation and benefit related laws, including PPACA, FLSA, COBRA, and relevant state and local wage and hour laws.
- Conduct job and compensation analyses for benchmarking purposes to ensure current practices are in line with company strategy and industry best practice.
- Support compensation and benefit related initiatives, including open enrollment, annual salary reviews, and annual bonuses.
- Administer company paid leave programs (short- and long-term disability, parental leave, jury duty leave, etc.), maintaining regular communication with management and employees to ensure successful coverage and smooth returns.
- Stay abreast of all relevant employment regulations as they relate to company operations and proactively advise the VP of HR of any actual or potential changes that may impact the business.
- Ensure all company policies, procedures, and documentation remains compliant with state, federal and local laws.
- Update, maintain, and distribute Employee Handbooks as necessary.
- Administer Workers Compensation programs in all locations, including policy administration, reporting requirements, and leave management.
Performance Management and Terminations of Employment
- Coach and support management with respect to disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans, and general employee performance guidelines.
- Provide guidance relevant to terminations, layoffs, reductions in force, and other factors resulting in a change of employment status.
- Prepare all necessary documentation for employee separations, including termination letters and state required forms and notifications.
- Coordinate with Payroll to ensure final pay is processed in accordance with state law.
- Coordinate with IT to ensure all company property is returned and internal access is removed in a timely manner.
- As needed, work with benefit providers to ensure the timely termination of relevant employee benefits.
- Assist managers by participating in termination meetings and providing guidance on post-employment matters
- Conduct exit interviews /surveys as required
- Track relevant information on both voluntary and involuntary terminations of employment to identify and report on trends.
- Oversee day-to-day management of local HR team, including HR Coordinator and Payroll Administrator
- Provide constructive feedback, leadership, and mentoring to aid in the professional growth and development of the HR team
- Provide backup for HR Coordinator on daily tasks relating to recruiting, onboarding, and general administrative duties.
- Provide backup for Payroll Administrator when needed relating to the processing of bi-weekly payroll, paycheck corrections, and other pay related matters.
- In conjunction with HR Coordinators, ensure employee files remain up to date with all legally and company required documentation.
- Administer HR technology such as HRIS and attendance management systems.
- Assist in the updating and maintenance of the company’s job description database.
- Prepare and provide reporting on various HR related topics upon request.
- Proactively develop and propose new HR initiatives to VP of HR, in alignment with overall divisional and operational strategy.
- Serve as the project manager for new HR initiatives as assigned by the VP of HR
- Attend team meetings, planning sessions, and training events as required.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 8+ years of progressive Human Resources experience, including 2 years in a management capacity
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management, or another related discipline
- Strong understanding of federal and state employment legislation is required
- Professional HR certification preferred
- Strong English verbal and written skills are required
- Strong organizational and planning skills are required
- Proficiency in office skills such as, typing, filing organization, and research are required
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel), human resources information systems (e.g. Dayforce HCM) and internet-based programs.
- Integrity– demonstrates responsible behavior at all times and maintains high ethical standards. Keeps confidences
- Communication– communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company. Listens carefully and takes care not to make assumptions
- Relationship Building and Collaboration– builds positive relationships both internally and externally to achieve work related goals. Helps colleagues achieve their individual and organizational goals
- Self-Management– works independently with minimal supervision and exhibits discipline in setting priorities
- Attention to Detail– ensures accuracy and completeness when preparing documents, recording information and entering data.Establishes procedures
- Teamwork– participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Travel to other offices and locations is required
- Some physical effort required as everyone on the team is asked from time to time to pitch in and help share the load
- Some exposure to hazardous materials in the workplace
The company reserves the right to make changes to all job descriptions with the evolving needs of the company.
How to apply for the job:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to HR@siminternational.com