This is for a 12-month Contract position
Our Finishing Colorists are responsible for color grading a wide variety of moving images for a very broad range of content, primarily dramatic series television, feature films and unscripted series television & specials. The Finishing Colorist must also possess the ability to communicate extremely well with clients to produce the highest quality possible.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute colorist tasks using Baselight and/or Davinci Resolve software.
- Assist with developing the look of a project with clients.
- Maintain the departments best working practices.
- Explore and recommend new color grading techniques when appropriate.
- Assist with the creation of finishing deliverables, as required.
- Participate in general DI workflow processes.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- In-depth knowledge of color grading techniques, and workflow.
- Thorough understanding of most up-to-date color grading techniques and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills with both clients and colleagues.
- Knowledge of color correction software (Davinci Resolve, FilmLight Baselight)
- Understanding of various types of cameras and codecs.
- An understanding of LUTs, CDLs and other motion imaging transforms.
- Familiarity or experience with ACES
- Knowledge of HDR workflows including DolbyVision process including CMU operation.
- Familiarity with DPX/EXR frame based as well as camer source clip-based workflows.
- Ability to operate waveform monitors and vector scopes
- Detailed knowledge of the post production process including color grading, online, visual effects, CG workflows, and some offline knowlege.
- Experience working in a client-facing role
- Flexible and able to work within tight deadlines.
- The right candidate will be an excellent multi-tasker with the ability to respond quickly to changes in priorities and work flow updates.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimum supervision in a fast-paced casual environment.
- Perform various other tasks on an as-needed basis to meet production needs.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort
- Work is performed in a color suite including one or more video displays and audio occasionally.
- Low physical effort required
- Some exposure to physical risk
- Decision Making / Problem Solving– Identifies an issue and processes relevant information in order to present viable solutions.
- Customer Service Focus– Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with Sim
- Teamwork– Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
- Communication– Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company
- Innovation – Develops new ways and adapts existing products or processes to help Sim achieve its Mission and Vision
- Quality/Attention to Detail Focus– Ensures that standards for self, equipment and services are met to provide excellent service delivery
- Accountability – Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relies upon to achieve results with little need for oversight
- Stress Tolerance– Functions in highly stressful, ambiguous or adverse situations
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to email@example.com