The Engineering Technician supports the business’ operations to ensure all employees have the technical resources needed in order to provide exceptional service to our clients. The successful candidate will have knowledge of the following computer systems: Avid Pro Tools editing and mixing (including Dolby Atmos), Avid Media Composer, Avid Unity, ISIS and Nexis, and DaVinci Resolve. Mac is the standard platform for most of our systems, so you will need to have a deep understanding of it, but you will also need to have excellent Windows knowledge. (It’ll be a bonus if you are very versatile with Linux too). Flexibility in working hours is a requirement, as some evening and weekend work will be expected.
About the Position
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Configure and troubleshoot Pro Tools, Media Composer and Resolve systems.
- Assist in managing Unity, ISIS and Nexis Shared Storage systems.
- Assist in managing our custom production servers and networks.
- Participate in deliveries to the field for remote editorial setup and teardown.
- Maintain the various editing and mixing systems to peak efficiency.
- Respond promptly to situations that require technical support and/or service.
- Configure editing and mixing systems to work securely on our various networks
- Assist clients and staff with any concerns regarding equipment and workflows.
- Work with our IT department to keep all of our public and private networks functioning.
- Stay current with equipment, systems and operations.
What You’ll Need
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 5 years of experience in a professional audio/video editing business desirable
- Post-secondary education in Audio/Video Technology, or a related field required
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong working knowledge of Mac hardware and software
- Familiarity/working knowledge of all or some of the following computer systems: Avid ProTools editing and mixing (including Dolby Atmos). Avid Media Composer, Avid Unity, ISIS and Nexis, and DaVinci Resolve
- A thorough understanding of professional audio and video systems is mandatory
- A willingness to learn coupled with a willingness to work hard are a must.
Our Work Environment
- Work is typically performed in an office environment
- Some local travel may be required
- Some physical effort required including sitting for prolonged periods and lifting up to 501bs. occasionally
- Frequent use of standard office equipment such as computers
- Attendance requirement at after-hours activities (e .g. company events)
- Open to flexible working hours including evenings and weekends.
Perks You’ll Receive
We can offer you:
- Competitive wages in line with market standards
- Retirement savings program with company matching
- Comprehensive company-sponsored health benefits
- Perks including discounted health and wellness programs
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) for counseling, financial planning, work-related concerns
- Exposure to best-in-class motion picture technologies
- Free parking with electric charging station(s) at most locations
- Company events including: food truck lunches, summer BBQ’s, technology workshops, and industry events;
- The opportunity to mentor new hires and interns
- A work environment where you can really make an impact
- Growth opportunities and a career, not just a job
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
How to apply
Please submit your resume to HR@siminternational.com