The Engineering Technician follows documented procedures to clean, test, and maintain rental equipment to conform to the company’s quality control procedures and standards.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Clean, evaluate and test specific equipment and accessories.
- Ensure that all missing and/or damaged items are reported to supervisor and put into service.
- Report all damages or malfunctioning equipment and complete the required paperwork including LMD, fault reports, purchase orders.
- Effectively use business software system (R2) to track repairs, rental requirements and service schedules.
- Help to develop ideas that modify and/or redesign systems to improve products and/or services.
- Provide assistance and technical information to clients and staff members when required.
- Attend training and continuously develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Purchase tech room supplies and parts when required
- Assist in keeping personal work station and tech room clean and organized
- Assist in keeping all production rental gear clean and in good working order
- Perform other duties that may be assigned
- Submit detailed weekly activity reports
- Demonstrate an understanding of the mission, vision, and values of the company
- Ensure excellent customer service by identifying the needs and wants of clients and responding to their concerns and problems in an effective, timely manner
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Carry a Company issued cell phone and participate in the Company’s on call rotation
- Travel and work overtime when required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- College Diploma from a recognized Audio/Video/Film Production or Electronics Course
- Internship or practical experience in the film, television and/or professional photographic industry
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office and ability to learn and use business software
- Ability to use, learn and implement Electronics Principles to make repairs and adjustments to production rental equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective relationships with customers and co-workers
Our Work Environment:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort may be required (i.e. some lifting of supplies and material)
- Long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Some exposure to warehouse environment
How to apply for the job:
Please submit your resume to HR@siminternational.com