The Engineering Technician supports the business’ operations to ensure all employees have the technical resources needed in order to provide exceptional service to our clients. The successful candidate will have knowledge of the following computer systems: Avid Pro Tools editing and mixing (including Dolby Atmos), Avid Media Composer, Avid Unity, ISIS and Nexis, and DaVinci Resolve. Mac is the standard platform for most of our systems, so you will need to have a deep understanding of it, but you will also need to have excellent Windows knowledge. (It’ll be a bonus if you are very versatile with Linux too). Flexibility in working hours is a requirement, as some evening and weekend work will be expected.
About the Position
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Configure and troubleshoot Pro Tools, Media Composer and Resolve systems.
- Assist in managing Unity, ISIS and Nexis Shared Storage systems.
- Assist in managing our custom production servers and networks.
- Participate in deliveries to the field for remote editorial setup and teardown.
- Maintain the various editing and mixing systems to peak efficiency.
- Respond promptly to situations that require technical support and/or service.
- Configure editing and mixing systems to work securely on our various networks
- Assist clients and staff with any concerns regarding equipment and workflows.
- Work with our IT department to keep all of our public and private networks functioning.
- Stay current with equipment, systems and operations.
What You’ll Need
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 5 years of experience in a professional audio/video editing business desirable
- Post-secondary education in Audio/Video Technology, or a related field required
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong working knowledge of Mac hardware and software
- Familiarity/working knowledge of all or some of the following computer systems: Avid ProTools editing and mixing (including Dolby Atmos). Avid Media Composer, Avid Unity, ISIS and Nexis, and DaVinci Resolve
- A thorough understanding of professional audio and video systems is mandatory
- A willingness to learn coupled with a willingness to work hard are a must.
How to apply
Please submit your resume to HR@siminternational.com