The Engineering Technician follows documented procedures to clean, test, and maintain rental equipment to conform to the company’s quality control procedures and standards.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Clean, evaluate and test specific equipment and accessories.
- Ensure that all missing and/or damaged items are reported to supervisor and put into service.
- Report all damages or malfunctioning equipment and complete the required paperwork including LMD, fault reports, purchase orders.
- Effectively use business software system (R2) to track repairs, rental requirements and service schedules.
- Help to develop ideas that modify and/or redesign systems to improve products and/or services.
- Provide assistance and technical information to clients and staff members when required.
- Attend training and continuously develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Purchase tech room supplies and parts when required
- Assist in keeping personal work station and tech room clean and organized
- Assist in keeping all production rental gear clean and in good working order
- Perform other duties that may be assigned
- Submit detailed weekly activity reports
- Demonstrate an understanding of the mission, vision, and values of the company
- Ensure excellent customer service by identifying the needs and wants of clients and responding to their concerns and problems in an effective, timely manner
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Carry a Company issued cell phone and participate in the Company’s on call rotation
- Travel and work overtime when required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- College Diploma from a recognized Audio/Video/Film Production or Electronics Course
- Internship or practical experience in the film, television and/or professional photographic industry
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office and ability to learn and use business software
- Ability to use, learn and implement Electronics Principles to make repairs and adjustments to production rental equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective relationships with customers and co-workers
- Customer Service Focus –Identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with the company
- Teamwork – Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
- Quality/Attention to Detail Focus – Ensures that standards for self, equipment and services are met to provide excellent service delivery
- Accountability – Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relies upon to achieve results with little need for oversight
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts easily to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities
- Attention to Detail – Ensures that standards for self, staff, equipment and services are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery
- Development & Continual Learning – Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Stress Tolerance – Functions in highly stressful, ambiguous or adverse situations
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort may be required (i.e. some lifting of supplies and material)
- Long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Some exposure to warehouse environment
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.