You’ll specialize in supporting company Master Data Management objectives with a focus on fast, flexible and accurate data. Ensure all data pertaining to the master data records are set up and maintained in Oracle Financials and other key systems with complete accuracy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a subject matter expert in master data creation and use of supporting tools
- Review, monitor and validate master data and ensure master data integrity in key systems and identify areas for data quality improvements
- Support, maintain and enforce the processes to support data security, standards and quality
- Assist in development and documentation of processes, policies and controls with functional data owners
- Assist in resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Provide support to data owners in performing data validation & accuracy management
- Contribute to ideas and actions towards continuous improvement of processes within master data and data quality
- Facilitate and participate in both project and day-to-day data cleansing activities
- Maintain good communication with business partners regarding master data requests. Aggressively pursue all information required for the timely completion of work assignments
- Conduct work in a timely and organized manner
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, statistics, mathematics or in related field or equivalent work experience
- Relatable work experience in a Data Analyst related role
- Experience with EPR preferred (Oracle an asset)
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel analyzing data
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, proactively as well as in teams
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work based upon specific timelines and dependencies
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts easily to changing business needs, conditions, and daily work responsibilities
- Attention to Detail – Ensures accuracy and completeness when preparing documents, recording information and entering data.
- Customer Service Oriented – Thinks and acts in a way that considers the needs of clients and others and ensures a high level of quality and satisfaction for all
- Decision Making/Problem Solving – Identifies an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, comes up with possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements them.
- Integrity – Demonstrates responsible behavior at all times and maintains high ethical standards. Keeps confidences
- Leadership – Motivates and inspires others and self to take action to achieve Company goals
- Teamwork – Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Some physical effort required (i.e. some lifting of supplies and material)
- Long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Some exposure to warehouse environment
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines
How to apply for the job
Please submit a resume and cover letter here.