Our Finishing Colorists are responsible for color grading a wide variety of moving images for a very broad range of content, primarily series television, feature films and commercials & specials. The Finishing Colorist must also possess the ability to communicate extremely well with clients to produce the highest quality possible.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute colorist tasks using Davinci Resolve software.
- Assist with developing the look of a project with clients.
- Maintain the departments best working practices.
- Explore and recommend new color grading techniques when appropriate.
- Assist with the creation of finishing deliverables, as required.
- Participate in general DI workflow processes.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- In-depth knowledge of color grading techniques, and workflow.
- Thorough understanding of most up-to-date color grading techniques and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills with both clients and colleagues.
- Knowledge of color correction software (Davinci Resolve)
- Understanding of various types of cameras and codecs.
- An understanding of LUTs, CDLs and other motion imaging transforms.
- Familiarity with DPX/EXR frame based as well as camera source clip-based workflows.
- Ability to operate waveform monitors and vector scopes
- Detailed knowledge of the post production process including color grading, online, visual effects, CG workflows, and some offline knowledge.
- Experience working in a client-facing role
- Flexible and able to work within tight deadlines.
- The right candidate will be an excellent multi-tasker with the ability to respond quickly to changes in priorities and work flow updates.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimum supervision in a fast-paced casual environment.
- Perform various other tasks on an as-needed basis to meet production needs.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort
- Work is performed in a color suite including one or more video displays and audio occasionally.
- Low physical effort required
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
How to apply for the job
Please submit a resume to HR@siminternational.com