The Chief Engineer is the lead technical resource for all matters involving the Finishing pipeline.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and mentor a staff of engineers and technicians.
- Build and install, all software and hardware for editing systems and other workflow related computer system.
- Maintain, clean, test, troubleshoot and complete minor repairs for all editing systems and other workflow related computer system.
- Hardware and Software installations and support include, but are not limited to, Mac, Windows, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Express Dailies, Linux, etc.
- Assist in maintaining and supporting shared network storage systems including, but limited to, Avid Unity, Avid ISIS and Quantum StorNext.
- Perform and maintain monitor calibrations.
- Ensure excellent quality and customer service by identifying the needs and wants of clients and responding to their concerns and problems in an effective and timely manner.
- Be available as a consultant during projects that involve digital media workflows and work continually towards self-development to stay current on new technology, trends, procedures & practices.
- Assist in prepping and maintaining of other production equipment when required.
- Provide assistance and information to each client, potential client, and staff member.
- Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
- Be available after hours by email or phone, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 7+ years’ experience in Post Production Engineering, preferably in the Film/Television industry
- Experience working in areas of Digital Intermediates, Color Correction, VFX, and Broadcast Video a plus
- Experience working with Linux & Mac platforms
- Experience with DaVinci Resolve, Autodesk Smoke/Flame, Avid, & ProTools
- Experience with SAN & NAS platforms, such as Quantum Stornext and Avid Nexis
- Experience with calibrating, configuring, and operating critical viewing monitors, video routers, video decks, and other professional video hardware systems
- Good familiarity with the areas of color science and video standards
- Good knowledge of IT related areas, like network switching and routing, firewalls, DNS, IP management, etc.
- Familiarity with industry best practices in regards to security, especially those issued by the MPAA
- Familiarity with shell scripting, compute/storage virtualization, and general DevOps
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for: Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving: Identifies an issue, gathers and processes relevant information coming up with possible solutions, selecting appropriate responses and implementing them.
- Self Management: Works independently with minimal supervision and is disciplined in setting priorities.
- Customer Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with Sim.
- Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company.
- Teamwork: Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness.
- Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing products or processes to help Sim achieve its Mission and Vision. Challenges the status quo.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort required as everyone on the Sim team is asked from time to time to pitch in and help share the load.
- Some exposure to physical risk
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to email@example.com