The Office Administrator is responsible for working with the General Manager to ensure achievement of operational excellence at the facility. The Office Administrator will greet all guests to the office, route incoming communication via email, mail, etc. oversee the daily purchasing, and assist the teams. The Office Administrator will also provide Administrative Support to all departments across the location they are based at.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors to the office in a professional and friendly manner;
- Monitor all incoming communication to the business via email, telephone, and mail;
- Answer and/or route all incoming communications promptly, professionally, and courteously;
- Provide a prompt reply to general information requests with accurate information, and direct incoming inquiries to the appropriate staff member where required;
- Assist with the accurate set-up of new clients in SharePoint documents;
- Assist with the accurate set-up, and manage of Work Orders for artists;
- Participate in maintaining a shared calendar of all meetings, events, travel, vacations, etc;
- Ensure all staff and internal contractors are kept up to date with any fluctuations in the schedule, including ongoing/impending events;
- Responsible for the processing of outgoing mail, packages and assist with shipments.
- Liaise with Production transport personnel and ensure organized pick-up & delivery;
- Oversee the stocking and ordering of office and kitchen supplies;
- Ensure building operations are addressed in conjunction with needs of staff;
- Sustain close communication with clients and act as a liaison to efficiently address their needs/concerns;
- Manage cleanliness of office and kitchen environments;
- Assist with completion and submission of staff expense reports;
- Create and distribute daily schedule;
- Act as point person for other location Office Administrators to ensure communication and information is shared between locations;
- All other reasonable duties as assigned by the company.
- Generate and print daily invoices/quotes ensuring the prompt distribution to clients
- Ensure inventory (drives, etc.) is properly tracked and accounted for in R2
- Batch/integrate invoice information into the Company’s account system to ensure timely revenue recognition
- Address requests for information. These requests may come verbally or in writing, from clients, vendors or co-workers. Need for reports may also arise organically from activities incumbent to this job.
- Assist in maintaining the Tracking Document with an overview of costs and revenue
- Provide weekly Profit and Loss reports
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is required;
- 2+ years’ experience in the film, television industry is desirable;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Knowledge of MAC based platforms is an asset;
- Proficiency in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Invoicing;
- Knowledge of Great Plains or other applicable accounting applications would be an asset;
- Knowledge of R2 would be an asset.
- Adaptability/Flexibility– Adapts easily to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities
- Attention to Detail– Ensures that standards for self, staff, equipment and services are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.
- Customer Service Focus– Identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with the Company
- Decision Making/Problem Solving– Identifies an issue, gathers and processes relevant information coming up with possible solutions, selecting appropriate responses and implementing them.
- Self-Management– Works independently with minimal supervision and exhibit discipline in setting priorities
- Teamwork– Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort required (i.e. some lifting of supplies and material)
- Long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Some exposure to a warehouse environment.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume to HR@siminternational.com